Thursday, March 7, 2013

Book vs. Movie

Movie
-Mercedes and Edmond became one before marriage
-Abbe Faria starts to die underground and Dantes has to bring him back up to the cell
-He didn't land feet first when he was thrown into the water
-It wasn't storming when he landed on the island
-Edmond hangs Danglars
-Villefort was arrested
-Edmond and Mercedes have several encounters talking about his past
-Mercedes cheats on Fernand with Edmond
-Albert is Edmond's son
-Fernand shoots Mercedes
-Edmond kills Fernand
-The only two characters of Edmond are Dantes and The Count




Who would play who in my version of The Count of Monte Cristo


James Franco as Edmond Dantes.
I always pictured Dantes being really attractive before he went to prison.
 
George Clooney as Abbe Feria.
I imagined Abbe Feria being a very intelligent man, and I find George Clooney very intelligent.
 
 
Erin Sanders as Mercedes.
I imagined Mercedes as being a beautiful and independent woman, and that describes Erin's personality.
 
 
Drake Bell as Fernand Mondego.
I imagined Fernand being very attractive but also having a dark side, and I believe Drake could play that character very well.
 
 
Josh Duhamel as Danglars
I imagined Danglars seeming sweet but having a dark side, and that's exactly how I imagine Josh to be.
 
 
 
 
Andrew Garfield as Caderousse.
I imagined Caderousse as someone who would know all evil but never admit it, and I see Andrew as someone who would take a secret to the grave.
 
 
Scott Caan as Monsieur de Villefort
I imagined Villefort being the good guy in the midst of evil, and that's how Scott is.
 
 
Brad Pitt as Monsieur Morrel.
I imagined Morrel being a father figure to everyone, not just his son, and I think Brad Pitt could portray that character well.
 
 
Channing Tatum as Maximilien Morrel.
I imagined Max being attractive and any girl would want to be with him, but he only has his heart set on one, and that's how Channing is.
 
 Jason Dohring as Albert de Morcerf.
I imagined Albert being attractive (because of his parents) and him being an innocent good guy who tries to be tough, just like Jason.
 
Michelle Keegan as Valentine Villefort.
I imagined Valentine being the "fairest of them all". Her fate would be decided for her, but she would always get her way no matter what, just like Michelle.
 
Jerry Stiller as Nortier.
I imagined Nortier being an old man who had so much personality, even though he is paralyzed.
 
Frankie Stanford as Haydee.
I imagined Haydee being sweet, beautiful, and innocent. Frankie is all three of those characteristics.
 
Orlando Bloom as Bertuccio.
I imagined Bertuccio and Villefort being complete opposites, just like Scott and Orlando.
 
Alex O’Loughlin as Benedetto.
I imagined Benedetto being a man who is always on the run, a bad boy, which is how I imagine Alex to be.
 
Leigh-Allyn Baker as Madame d'Villefort.
I imagined Madame d'Villefort being very out there and crazy, which describes Leigh-Allyn.
 
 Ellen Pompeo as Madame Danglars.
I imagined Madame Danglars to be beautiful and independent, like Ellen.
 
 
 Katelyn Tarver as Eugenie Danglars.
I imagined Eugenie being a flight-risk. An independent girl that no matter what you tell her, she'll never obey and she'll always get what she wants, like Katelyn.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment